Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Photobombing!

Macit Quote of the Day: "Photobombing, hahaha, I have never heard of that one!"

Check out the epic level of photobombing occurring in this photo.


Macit didn't stand a chance against Eric.  Eric has completely ruined any chance of machismo that Macit had while holding a broken golf club with a stuffed squirrel on top and wearing a safari hat.  It's not even fair.

Macit was a good sport though, after having his photobombing cherry popped so hard it would be easy for him to become enraged and taekwondo Eric and I.  But he didn't, and that's why Macit is the best.  I showed Macit the photo, explained to him the concept, and we laughed.  Now I'm working on convincing him that it would be even better if he started photobombing people that he was leading on tours.

Photography had never really interested me, but as part of this trip we have been encouraged to add to a group Flickr account and I'm starting to get into it.  Wherever we go I'm trying to think about how to frame my shots.  I think I've taken a few very nice ones, the Ottomans made it pretty simple as they provided a great combination of natural beauty fused within the aesthetics of their mosque complexes.  Here are a few of my favorite photos, either because I think they look nice or they amuse me.  You can check out my full album at my Google Plus profile.

The Pegacorn
Part Pegasus, part unicorn, all man.


 Lost Femur
I found this disturbingly close to the site of the battle of Gallipoli.  I planted it in the sand, maybe a man will grow.


 Rainbow over Istanbul
The Pegacorn farts rainbows, so you know it was near.


 The Elusive One
I photographed Michael while he was photographing, his soul is mine.

Untitled
Check out the schnozz on that one.


 Sinan the Magnificent
I only know one Sinan, and his dog pooped in the house.  This Sinan built awesome mosques.

Flowers
Just don't ask what type of flower it is, cause I don't know.

Mikla
From the Mikla bar across the Golden Horn.
Left to right
Eric, myself, Jenny, Brent, Richard, Clara, Luke, and David

Shadows
I liked the way the sun shone behind the minaret.

 Sunset over Istanbul
A great view from Galata.

No comments:

Post a Comment